Call for abstracts - now closed
Abstracts and Poster Submissions
Would you like to give a presentation at the 2016 ALSWH Scientific Meeting?
Join us in Newcastle, NSW, Australia on 3-6 May 2016 to “Reap the Benefits” of ALSWH research since 1996.
Abstract topics can encompass any area of women’s health research, although presentations that encompass a life course perspective are most in keeping with the conference theme of Reaping the Benefits of longitudinal research. This theme will be explored and discussed through the following sub-themes:
- Life Course Research Methods
- Healthy Behaviours, Healthy Lifestyles
- Health Services and Systems: Use, Access and Change
- Intergenerational Issues, Ageing and Caregiving
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Mental Health: Research Towards a Healthier Future
- Abuse and Trauma
- Work, lifestyle and retirement
Are you a research or higher degree student? Free registrations are available to the six best abstracts submitted by students.
Abstracts are to be lodged using the online submission form. Before starting you will need the following information:
1. Nominated theme
2. Names and contact email for all authors listed
3. Abstract title: Maximum 20 words
4. Abstract: Maximum of 300 words. Text only and no references
5. Structured headings: objectives, methods, results, conclusions
6. Preferred presentation type: Oral paper or printed poster
Types of Presentations
Authors are required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract. Please note that time limits for speakers will be strictly enforced so that there is adequate time for discussion of papers and for other speakers in the session to have their full allocated time.
Following are the presentation options offered at the Scientific Meeting:
Oral Papers - 10 minutes + 5 minute discussion.
Printed Posters - A0 in size and presented in portrait page orientation. A0 is 841 x 1189mm / 33.1 × 46.8 inches.
Student assistance information
Research and Higher degree students have the opportunity to apply for the ‘ALSWH student assistance program’. This program is designed to assist students who wish to submit and present their work at the ALSWH Scientific Meeting but may not have the financial means to attend. There are six student assistance scholarships available. The abstract review committee will select the six best submissions and will waive the conference registration fee for the two day Scientific Meeting for these students.
The Research or Higher degree student must be the primary author of the work and the assistance program is available for one author per paper.
Abstracts are accepted on the following conditions
- ALL PRESENTERS MUST REGISTER & PAY FOR AT LEAST THE DAY OF THE SCIENTIFIC MEETING ON WHICH THEY ARE PRESENTING
- The Scientific Meeting Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any paper or poster
- The Scientific Meeting Organising Committee reserves the right to allocate the presentation type, which differs from that applied for
PLEASE NOTE that only the first author will be advised in writing with regard to the acceptance or otherwise of the abstract submission. The first author (as given in application) will be the main contact for correspondence about the presentation.