TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health (ALSWH) does not warrant or represent the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information or material available on its website.
It is the user’s responsibility to consult directly with the ALSWH to confirm the accuracy, currency and completeness of information found on the site, particularly before acting in reliance upon such information.
Web links from this site to external websites should not be construed as implying any relationship with and/or endorsement of the external site or its content by the ALSWH nor any commercial or other relationship with the owners of such site.
Disclaimers, terms and conditions of using and posting to ALSWH Social Media
By participating on ALSWH social media, you acknowledge that:
- Information posted on this site, does not necessarily reflect the opinions and ideas of the University of Newcastle, the University of Queensland or the Department of Health and Ageing.
- Except where expressly stated otherwise, material on ALSWH social media is provided as general information only. It is not intended as advice and must not be relied upon as such. You should make your own inquiries and take independent advice tailored to your specific circumstances prior to making any decisions.
- ALSWH is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, any other users’ use of, access to or conduct in connection with ALSWH social media pages in any
- Any medical information on this website is for general informationIt is not intended to be and should not be relied on as a substitute for specific medical or health advice.
- This site may contain links to sites controlled or produced by organisations other thanThe links are provided for convenience only and are not an endorsement of any products, services or content at those other sites, which also may not remain current or be maintained.
- Retweeting and reposting does not constitute endorsement of the subject matter or of the origin or originator of the original tweet or post.
ALSWH attempts to acknowledge and seek permission from content owners whenever possible. If you are the owner of any content that is posted on this site and would like it removed,please contact us.
ALSWH post /tweet guidelines (applies to all ALSWH social media channels)
This is a guide for responsible social media use. If you ignore these guidelines, your posts/comments may be removed. ALSWH will never disclose a name of a participant, if an individual chooses to disclose this information, it is their choice. However, this is not an action ALSWH recommends.
- Remain honest and transparent in your communications
- Before you post or comment, make sure that your participation adds value to the discussion and does not solicit business
- Be respectful when expressing an opposing opinion or engaging in debate
- Never be aggressive or post content that is offensive or defamatory
- When participating in online discussions relating to your area of expertise, always identify your standing at the University or your organisation and any relevant qualifications
- Avoid commenting on unfamiliar topics and ensure your personal opinions are distinguished from professional communication
- Protect sensitive and confidential information. Respect intellectual property and link to sources whenever possible
- Always be upfront and take responsibility for your mistakes. An apology or correction can often rectify minor issues
- Use common sense and always think twice before you publish. You are ultimately responsible for what you write
Bullet points adapted from ‘THINK BEFORE YOU POST’ University of Newcastle http://www.facebook.com/UoNStudents/app_293583394047144
You must not:
(a) use ALSWH social media pages in breach of any applicable laws or regulations;
(b) use ALSWH social media pages:
- to transmit (or authorise the transmission of) ‘junk mail,’ ‘chain letters,’ unsolicited emails, instant messaging, ‘spimming,’ or ‘spamming’;
- to impersonate any person or entity;
- to solicit money, passwords or personal information from any person;
- to harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others; or
- for any unlawful purpose;
(c) use ALSWH social media pages to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available (or attempt to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available) any material that:
- is not your original work, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the intellectual property or other rights of another person;
- contains, promotes, or provides information about unlawful activities or conduct;
- is, or could reasonably be expected to be, defamatory, obscene, offensive, threatening, abusive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise unlawful, including material that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability;
- exploits another person in any manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or sexual acts or references;
- includes an image or personal information of another person or persons unless you have their consent;
- poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden content;
- contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
- advertises, promotes or solicits any goods or services or commercial activities (except where expressly permitted or authorised by us); or
- contains financial, legal, medical or other professional advice;
(d) use code or other devices containing any reference to ALSWH social media pages to direct other persons to any other web page;
(e) except to the extent permitted by law, modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of ALSWH social media pages or cause any other person to do so; or
(f) delete any attributions or legal or proprietary notices on ALSWH social media pages.
If you think that any ALSWH social media pages have been accessed or used by another user in breach of the Conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org